Hamilton wholesale nursery supplies landscapers & retailers across the North Island.
Bruntwood Nurseries supply garden centres, landscapers and councils with healthy, quality plants, grown on their 10 acre nursery just outside of Hamilton.
Flourishing 10 acre wholesale nursery
Bruntwood Nurseries has developed extensively since 1977. Presently the nursery covers almost all of the 10 acres. Extensive stock gardens surround the house and like every dedicated nursery owner, Dave and Shirley live on site.
Bruntwood Nurseries are plant wholesalers in Hamilton that you can rely on. Contact us with your enquiry and we’ll be in touch within one business day.your closest retailer.
Seven reasons Waikato landscapers trust Bruntwood Nurseries for all wholesale plant supplier needs
Bruntwood Nurseries are the favoured plant supplier throughout Waikato and the North Island for the following reasons:
- Exceptional quality – extensive range of high quality plants available for order
- Diverse plant samples – Bruntwood Nurseries’ North Island reps regularly travel to each region providing plant samples from Kaitaia to Wellington
- Seasonal Availability – Bruntwood Nurseries grow and sell plant and trees so they are ready in season
- Price – fair wholesale prices for exceptional service and high quality plants
- Transparent feedback – find out what others say about our wholesale nursery in Hamilton
- Flexible service – pickup and delivery in Waikato is available and Bruntwood Nurseries can freight plants nationwide
- Knowledgeable staff – Bruntwood Nurseries currently has 18 knowledgeable staff who work hard to provide excellent service.
What Bruntwood Nurseries Grow
Bruntwood Nurseries grow a large and diverse range of plants both native and exotic including shrubs, flaxes, ground covers, perennials, succulents and edibles. Bruntwood have six plants that have PVR (Plant variety right) protection, including Pseudowintera Cherry Ripe, Pseudowintera Plum wine and Nandina Winter Pearl.
These plants are grown in a range of pot sizes, from a tube line to a 45L ezy lift. Mostly hard pots are used – although for larger growing stock we use polythene planter bags. Bruntwood Nurseries also grow a range of hydrangea, nandina and some larger conifers in the open ground. We propagate 85% of our own liners.
Phormiums make up a large part of Bruntwoods production and we export a number of these to the Northern Hemisphere. We have a three PVR protected flaxes: P. Alison Blackman, P. Licorice & Lime and P. Taya.ur closest retailer.
Bruntwood Nurseries History
Bruntwood Nurseries was established in 1977 by Dave and Shirley Ogilvy, just outside Cambridge. Hedging and shelter lines for the Kiwifruit industry and ornamental lines for the wholesale market was grown.
The wholesale production nursery moved to its present site on the outskirts of Hamilton in 1983. Initially a bare 10 acre block, Bruntwood Nurseries is now firmly established and highly respected throughout New Zealand.
Dave’s love for plants and the desire to open his own nursery eventually won and in 1977 Bruntwood Nurseries was founded.
Dave has been a member of IPPS for 30 years and Shirley has been their voluntary treasurer for over 20 years. For her dedication, Shirley has been recognised with an Award of Merit.
World Environment Day is an international United Nations event that creates awareness of the environment and encourages political attention and action. Arbor Day is about inspiring people to plant, nurture and celebrate trees.